22.3.09

Slacklining



Slacklining - A great way to improve balance and coordination, no matter how old you are.
I was introduced to slacklining at the Summer Outdoor Retail Show in SLC. Since I hike a lot, I often see hikers on the mountain who don't seem to have much confidence with their balance and coordination. I want to help them along with people who just love having fun balancing on odd objects.

I have a slackline in my backyard and offer classes on it during the spring, summer and fall. The more you're on it, the better you become. In this photo, the girl isn't using poles to help balance. We use ski poles to help us balance. It's off the ground about 18 inches so if you do fall off, it's not far.

Slacklining with music is the best. We all take turns walking the line. You wouldn't think it's a great workout but it is! It's fun to participate OR just fun to watch others walk the slackline.

To be part of this group or if you want to purchase a slackline, contact me. I sell them for $80.

Instructor: Sheryl McGlochlin